Saturday, October 15, 2011

The BUSYness of Fall & the Joy it brings

Last night, a dear friend joined me for Megan's swim meet in Habersham and got to witness the other world of swimming that I am blessed to be a part of. As I interpreted the language of swimming for her and watched her smiling at me kneeling in water at the poolside counting laps, a realization hit me. (And at the risk of offending my other two children, let me be clear, the sideline of any of their events would have shown the same thing). You see.....

For the Lance family Fall is the busiest time of year and that it leads straight into the holidays (also a busy time) can sometimes seem exhausting. The month of October alone has zero days unscheduled with some type of practice, swim meet, soccer game, party, or event. I know some of you say that means we are overscheduled or something like that, but in our house we consider it the norm. With three kids going in opposite directions, it is just how it goes! And since we do most things together as a family- we treasure the time together, no matter where it is!

Today. Matthew has a soccer game and Megan is swimming in a swim meet. Unfortunately, that put us in different parts of the N.GA area this morning, so I am anxiously awaiting texts of swim meet results and lacing up soccer cleats all at once! All while convincing Alaina that her swim suit is not appropriate attire for the soccer field even if it is what her big sister left dressed in!

It is this BUSYness that I enjoy most. Though my kids may drive me crazy acting insane and pranking each other, it is the fact that they like each other and are enjoying life that brings me joy. I am so thankful for my beautiful children, their many activities and all, and I can't wait to see what God has for them.

So when you see me out running wild and looking frazzled- know that I am in my happy place and go find your as well.... Oh, and toss us some change for gas money too .... (just kidding)!

No comments:

Post a Comment