Saturday, April 28, 2012

Family prank should've been a $10,000 winning video... If we'd remembered to video it !

One of those "Wish we had a video camera running moments" here at the Lance house..... Here is the story:

The kids were cleaning up in the kitchen and Alaina had just gotten reprimanded for standing beside me saying my name over and over while I talked to her father.  (Mommy, mommy, mommy, - you get the idea).

Matthew proceeded to take out the trash, stopping by the window on the front porch to taunt me with a loud tap on the glass and the words," Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy." He proceeded to the side of the house and I said to Megan, "lock the door." (Now, in my defense, I was only smarting off, I have made that remark many times, but....) This time, Megan locked the door and giggled. Alan then grinned and said, "you better get the back one too." She did. He then winked at me and said, turn off all the lights and everyone get quiet. I laughed and said, "I'll get the blinds too."

We quickly did all that and waited to hear him holler. He banged on the front door, laughed, and ran to the back door. We heard him indignantly holler, "Hey! not fair!" Then the sound disappeared.

We waited a few minutes laughing about what he might be up to. Then I suggested we better get a view of him before he decided to take a hike (Matthew is our child who would figure out how to get the cops there in under 2 min).

Alan laughed and said he could see him trying to see around the blinds in the kitchen. So I walked over there and motioned for Megan to get the other window. As we got to the window, he calmly said, "Hi, I hear you." On a silent count of three, Megan and I yanked open both sets of blinds and screamed with wild faces.

Matthew's face was priceless. He had apparently been pressing his nose to the glass, pig style to shock us when the blinds opened (he told us that later). The shock of our scream made him jump two feet in the air, scream wildly, and run!

We all died laughing! And by the time (like 10 seconds later), we got the door open and yelled for him to come back he was in the neighbor's front yard panting!

He came back and laughed about it with us. I asked him if he was okay and he said he was fine. He was a little miffed about the prank being on him, but as our resident jokester he had to admit it was funny. REALLY funny.

If only we'd had the camera rolling, we be headed to a $10,000 video clip showing right now..... As it is, the memory will keep us smiling for quite a while! Family pranks rule!





No comments:

Post a Comment